Pages

Sunday 1 May 2011

I'm back with my ABC

Well I'm back and feeling an awful lot better.  I've even started crafting again due to my Muse coming back from the corner she was hiding in!

No photos today just a little bit of fun.  I saw this on my friend Carrie's blog and thought it was a great idea.  So here is my ABC...

Age: Apparently I will get to know the meaning of life, the universe and everything in October!  (a little nod to Hitchhikers Guide there!)
 Bed Size: Its a continental king from Ikea.  Huge for one person, but not so big when I had a cat sleeping on it too!

Chore you hate: I don't do cleaning!  My Mam helps me.

Dogs: Cats everyday of the week and twice on a Sunday, but I lost my two last year and can't bear to get any more so I just have a snuggle with Carrie's two girls when I'm at her house.

Essential start of your day: A cup of Twinings Earl Grey

Favourite Colour: Purple


Gold or silver: Silver in jewellery, but either in art

Height: 5’8″ and a bit


Instruments I play or have played: Flute and recorder but both very badly!

Job Title: Medically retired from work due to my MS

Kids: Not a hope in h***!!!

 Live: Been in the same town in County Durham, UK all my life.

Mum’s Name: Brenda

Nickname: Never had one as a youngster, but got Jilly a lot at work.


Overnight hospital stays: Yes unfortunately.  Was in for 2 weeks and then a further week a couple of weeks later before the MS was diagnosed.

Pet Peeve: When people try to kick my stick or crutches out from under me or just stare.  I'm irritated just thinking about it!!

Quote from a movie: Ooh that's a toughie!!  I love (and have used) so many quotes.  'Theres a glitch in the Matrix', 'The first rule of fight club...', 'E-v-i-i-i-l' and the list goes on...

Right or left handed: Right and my left is a little pathetic in most tasks I try with it, bless

Siblings: No, just me

Time you wake up: Somewhere between 8am and 10am, then again around 4pm after my afternoon nap
 Underwear: Always and matching always makes me feel good

Vegetables you dislike: Celery..e-v-i-i-i-l stuff

What makes you run late: Only things beyond my control


X-rays you’ve had done: Little finger right hand, left knee (many times), left hip, left foot (can you spot the pattern here!), chest, back and plenty of MRI's

Yummy food you make: Panini's, soup.  Thats about all now really, but I used to make pies and cakes and scones

Zoo animal: Giraffe, red pandas, elephants, any big cat

Now you know a little bit more about me.  Anyone fancy joining in and completing your own version?  Please post it on your blog and leave me a comment so I can swing by and learn about you.

6 comments:

erasercarver said...

Love your ABC, I think it's a great way to get to know others - plus you can follow the links back of everyone who has seen it on other people's blogs and get to know new people too :)

Glad to hear you are feeling much better xx

erasercarver said...

P.S. Love your new blog look!

mamapez5 said...

Hi Jill. It's good to see you are getting back into the swing of things.
I like the idea of learning a bit more about my crafting friends so you will find my ABC here Kate x

Unknown said...

whooooo hooooo ! glad you're back with us my lovely ! Blog looks fantastic and i'd do the ABC if i could work out how to do it :o/

Hugs
Suzee xx

veronica said...

glad you are feeling better Jill -agree with you about the running! have something for you on my blog, but not an ABC, had enopugh trouble with 7!!

judithw said...

Hi Jill
Thank you got your card yesterday.Pleased they are of use. Thanks for the mention.
Hope to see you soon. Take care.
Judith