Saturday, 10 March 2012

Journal Journeys Challenge 06

At the beginning of the month Dawn posted the new prompt for the Journal Journeys Challenge.  This time, very appropriately, its 'Spring'.

I knew I wanted the page to be really fresh with lots of greens and yellows.  Now you know me by now.  I either take a glut of pictures or forget to take any.  This is a forget kinda thing!

Here's the finished article.


I did the background at home using Derwent Inktense blocks in 2 shades of green and a yellow.  I smooshed them around with water, dried it and took my journal to the Art Club.

I found the picture of the snowdrop in a Living North magazine that someone gave me.  it has *the* most fanatstic photos and this photo of the snowdrop is perfect as they are truly Spring to me.  I applied the picture and the wording using Golden Gel Medium (matte).

The wording is from a short story by Hans Christian Andersen aptly called The Snowdrop.  Its a lovely tale and worth a read.  I printed on tissue paper which I put through my printer taped to an A4 sheet of copier paper.  Because I have a kodak printer and the ink dries incredibly quickly you can put anything wet over it and the ink won't bleed.  Fab for doing gel transfers!

The stamps I used are clear one from...erm...Martha stewart....Anna Griffin...someone like that.  And the word stamp is from Inpression Obsession clingables and suits this page perfectly.  I always wonder how those gorgeous snowdrops manage to bloom in such adverse conditions.  I guess Hans Christian Andersen explains it all

4 comments:

Janet said...

Very lovely page, Jill. I think the colours are wonderful and the snowdrop and narrative just perfect. I am liking this journalling more and more.

Janet xx

Dawn said...

Oh I know what you mean about Snow drops being Spring. I love this fresh clean page thank you for joining in with journal Journeys this month hope to see you again in April

Love Dawn xx

Karen said...

Oh Jill, I just adore snowdrops!!!! This is such a gorgeous page my lovely x

erasercarver said...

Oooh, your gorgeous, zingy page has certainly brightened me up on this snowy day! Looks fantastic!