Pages

Friday 18 June 2010

Klimt inspired necklace

A couple of years ago Graphicus released 4 DL plates of baubles for Christmas.  I loved them all, but was really torn by the Rennie Mackintosh inspired one and the Klimt inspired ones.  Jo bought them all so I just used hers.  As soon as I saw the Klimt ones I knew I wanted to make a necklace with them.


I first stamped each bauble onto sanded clear shrink plastic using black Stazon, then punched a hole in the top of each one using a Crop-a-dile before shrinking them with a heat tool.Once they were shrunk I stuck them to a sheet of double sided adhesive and cut them out.  I re-opened the hole by putting the tip of a pokey tool through it (be very careful here as I managed to poke myself in the finger LOL!!!). 
 Once that was done I took the backing off and put variegate metal leaf (don't know what colourway it was) on the back and sealed it with a varnish before putting jump rings through each hole and putting it onto a cord.

Sorry the photo's not too good.  The flash bounced off the metal leaf (note to self - take photos of objects with metal leaf in daylight!!)

4 comments:

erasercarver said...

Stunning necklace! Those same two sets of stamps were my faves too - you can do so much with them.

Phree said...

Beautiful necklace, those bauble stamps are lovely and great to use all year round, not just for Christmas.

Janet said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What can I say? Just love it.

Janet xx

InkyArtitude said...

What fab results Jill.... it's a stunner!
Lynn x